      From: Elinor Nissley <elinor@...>
      Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:39:38 -0700
      To: <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [PPLetterpress] vandercook 4

      Does anyone know if that Vandercook 4 got snatched up? I forwarded the info
      to a friend in the market for a Vandercook, but he reported that the voice
      mail message was suspiciously odd.

      BUT WHILE I'M ON THE SUBJECT: my friend is in the market for a flatbed,
      Vandercookesque press. His specialty is silkscreening-he is a commercial
      artist who is branching into more experimental gallery work-but is looking
      to do more relief printing. He wants to print ~100 runs which kind of
      eliminates etching presses. A Vandercook seems like a natural for him.
      HOWEVER, he is not, like most of us letterpress printers, particularly
      worried about how clean the prints are. As such a somewhat less reliable
      model would be OK. I can't imagine not wanting the press to be as perfect
      as possible, but there it is. So if anyone knows of a slightly wonky beater
      of a flatbed press looking for a home in the LA area, please let me know.
      Or nice ones too-maybe I can talk some sense into him...

      Thanks!

      Elinor