6424Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Grinding down a bunting base

  • Warren Gailbreath, Jr.
    Aug 2, 2006
      The first exposure I had with the Bunting base was in
      1989 or 1990. The shop I was numbering checks for
      bought one and it is what we used to imprint the MICR
      Routing and Account numbers with.

      Until then they had somebody setting MICR in slugs.
      They came out one day and said we are going to use
      this now and I said OK.

      I recently bought one for a GOOD price and it's in
      good shape but I believe it to be old as the number on
      the back is only 4 digits. Something like 1158 or
      something.

      Warren Gailbreath,Jr.
      Southwest Finishing, Inc.
      Ft.Worth, Texas