5736Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: moving a press?

  • Warren Gailbreath, Jr.
    Apr 28, 2006
      Moving equipment can be expensive. For those of us
      that have not the money, moving it your self almost
      always seems to be the preferred route.

      I just moved a Model 14 located 95 miles from my house
      and the cost was 35.06 for gas in the vehicle I drove.
      I do not include my time and labor as a cost here.

      Of course I have my own 18 ft. trailer, straps, heavy
      duty prybars (Thanks to linofish diagrams) and a
      pallet jack.

      Rental of a forklift to place 3 Linotypes will be
      250.00 plus tax.

      I would estimate that if I had paid another individual
      for these services it would have been quite costly.

      Warren Gailbreath,Jr.
      Southwest Finishing, Inc.
      Ft.Worth, Texas
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic