      From: Allen Stump
      To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:33 PM
      Subject: Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: moving a press?

      ' Evening David et List -

      Re: Moving presses et al cross country.

      Recently purchased an Orphan Annie caster from
      Chris Stern in Sedro-Wooley, Washington. Went
      there, built a wide, heavy duty pallet for it and
      plastic wrapped it, like a mummy. Called Oak
      Harbor Freight to come and fetch it. They came on
      a Friday afternoon and by Tuesday morning it was
      sitting on the floor of my shop, No fuss, no
      muss. Cost? Right around $650.00, for a 1500 lb.
      piece to be moved about a thousand miles.

      I consider that relatively cheap, since it cost
      me about 3 grand to move a Vertical, 2
      line-casters and a couple of platens 15 miles to
      my new shop locally.

      On another note, can someone direct me toward a
      Ludlow matrix identification gauge? and/or a copy
      of Jim Parrishs' book as I've recently acquired a
      Ludlow and all it's Þxin's

      Regards,

      Allen
      --

      a Mano Press ¶ Allen Stump, Printer
      22568 Mission Blvd. # 504 Hayward, CA 94541

      Contemporary book Book printing