5600Re: [PPLetterpress] web design

  • Lance Williams
    Apr 4, 2006
      But, when you have inherited a business that is $200,000 in debt, but love
      the business, and want to do anything and everything to try to rebuild the
      business, short of liquidating the place for about 50% of the debt load,
      you have to resort to doing as much as you can yourself.... My father died
      in December 2003, and my wife and I have been struggling to rebuild the
      business since then... I have been working there for 25 years, but my
      father managed to hide a lot of the financial problems for many years....
      Now we have all this letterpress equipment sitting idle most days because
      we no longer have the business to keep things operating...

      On the PPL side of things: We have a current NEW customer asking about
      printing halftone photographic images. I have always used magnesium plates
      from either Hodgins Engraving or Owosso. Now I am wondering about the use
      of Photopolymer, especially since Harold Kyle is only about 35 miles away,
      and I could run over for a visit, work on fixing one of his presses for a
      morning in exchange for some plate work <grin>... What is the maximum line
      screen resolution you can expect with polymer plates?? One of these days I
      have to pick up a copy of Gerald's book and start learning about these
      things....

      - Lance Williams
      Williams Stationery Co.
      Camden, New York