      From: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Scott Rubel
      Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 3:38 PM
      To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [PPLetterpress] Digital Ligatures

      The only way to get this across to publishers is the old-fashioned
      way: boycott and demonstrate. Pace out front of your favorite
      bookstore carrying a sign with an "f" and "l" with a red circle and
      cross through them. Hand out broadsides. Check shoppers' bags for
      ligatureless reading matter and implore them to return it and get
      their money back.

      I am doing my part. I am circling every missed opportunity for a
      ligature in every book I received for Christmas and I'm sending them
      back to the publishers as "unreadable" and telling them to get their
      (and here's my favorite ligature) fhit together.

      ♜Scott Rubel♖

      On Jan 2, 2006, at 8:11 AM, Austin wrote:

      > Graham and Kathy wrote:
      >
      >> Ignorance, cup-fulls of ignorance, and maybe a dash of laziness
      >> and a pinch of 'faux hip'.
      >>
      >> Graham Moss
      >> Incline Press
      >> 36 Bow Street
      >> Oldham OL1 1SJ England
      >> http://www.inclinepress.com
      >>
      > I gather - everyone on this list agrees with me in being frustrated at
      > the failure to use the f ligature. The question then seems to me - How
      > do we communicate this point to the publishers? I personally intend to
      > contact Random House to voice my displeasure with their lack of
      > diligence in monitoring the typesetting of their books. I feel that
      > the
      > only way to preserve these standards is to scream loud and often.
      > Apathy
      > is the cause for change in society more often than activism
      >
      > --
      > Austin Jones
      > prints by AJ
      > Point Pleasant, WV USA