5100RE: [PPLetterpress] Halftones and photopolymer

  • Ed Inman
    Dec 17, 2005
      I assume you are making B&W halftones rather than CMYK.

      You want to first edit the photo in a program like Adobe Photoshop. It
      sometimes helps to maintain highlight detail by slightly darkening bright
      colors like white and yellow. From there, adjust the brightness for
      optimal results on the main subject. Then, gradually reduce contrast until
      their is a uniform minimum dot pattern of approximately 20 percent
      throughout all highlight areas.

      There may be a more sophisticated way, but the above process generally
      works pretty good for me.

      Ed

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic