      From: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Joel at D.L.
      Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 4:58 PM
      To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [PPLetterpress] 3 phase to single, help please.

      Michael T. Metz wrote:

      >Or, a bigger (more hp) single phase motor.
      >Folks have told me that the HP rating on
      >a single phase motor won't pull what the
      >same rating on a 3ph. What HP is your
      >motor?

      The single phase motor is 2 hp, the three phase one was 1-1/2. I had a
      press mechanic source it for me, and assume he knew what he was doing.
      Maybe bigger motors require other kinds of monkeying around to make them
      fit...

      I saved my three-phase motor, and I'm looking forward to the day I can
      put it back on.

      Joel

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic