4868[PPLetterpress] Re: Comic Sans et al

  • Dan Franklin
    Oct 29, 2005
      Hi, Gerald.

      >Are you using the new Studio 5? I've got the 4.6 manual and that is
      >the one I was talking about.

      Ouch. I'm using 4.6 with a manual I downloaded 2 or 3 months ago.

      >I haven't had the hinting problems with PS1 that would cause screen
      >disturbance. The sequence I use is based on the old Altys "underground
      >manual," which dealt with the metrics issues fairly thoroughly. These
      >are just sort of assumed in the FL manual. It's hardly for dummies.
      >(Did you see today's Microsoft Typography's comment?)

      'Font seeks editor ... FontLab need not apply.' That's good!

      >Basically, I'm hoping that since FL has broken the FOG code and intend
      >to make the editor OT aware and a middle range editor rather than a
      >type design program, that I can stay with it and be fairly comfy.

      Actually, they *bought* the FOG code and hired on as consultant the
      fellow who's been trying to support it all these years.

      Don't forget -- you can stay up an hour later tonight. Clocks change
      at 2 <smallcaps>a.m.<endsmallcaps>.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic