46Re: [PPLetterpress] contact frames

  • Katie Harper
    Aug 24, 2001
      Thanks to all who have offered hints on washing out by hand. I seem to
      recall that thinner plate material works better with hand-washing for some
      reason. I always assumed it allowed the washing out to be quicker, with less
      danger of washing away fine detail.

      To hold the plate in place while brushing over it, my old pal Chip Schilling
      in Minneapolis recommends putting down magnetic material in the bottom of a
      photo tray, using adhesive that is not soluble in water, of course. I tried
      this once with that thin magnetic stuff that you can get at Office Depot,
      etc., for putting business cards onto. I was never able to get it to stick
      to the tray, and the magnet on that stuff is very weak, so the plate would
      not stick to it. It was frustrating! But it should work, in theory!

      Katie Harper