4515[PPLetterpress] Re: Sheeps Wool Brush For Bronzing

  • cutvelvet@earthlink.net
    Aug 15, 2005
      >My understanding of the process is that a pad is best for application
      >and a brush for wiping away the access. The sheeps wool apparently
      >contains a lanolin that rejects the dusting powder (thus facilitating
      >transfer) and prevents accumulation.

      If we're talking about the same bronzing powder--mine is in a small
      metal can from the 40s or 50s--I'm wondering how easily you've been
      able to wipe away the excess. Mine seems to cling almost as
      ferociously to the rest of the paper as to the fresh ink. I've heard
      the process works much better on a smooth or even slick paper, but
      that's not what I want to print on. Have you used this powder on
      mildly textured art papers, like Arches cover or Somerset velvet? Any
      suggestions would be appreciated. I've even resorted to making a
      template within which to brush on the powder, in order to minimize
      the amount that wanders.

      Thanks--

      Lisa
      Littoral Press