4501Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Sheeps Wool Brush For Bronzing

  • Regis Graden
    Aug 13, 2005
      Gerald,

      Very interesting about the sheep's wool rejecting etc. Another thing I didn't know. I learn something new every day!

      Thanks,

      Regis

      Gerald Lange <bieler@...> wrote:
      Regis

      Likely the breathing mask wouldn't do much good one way or the other
      at this late date. Far too many contaminants have been ingested by
      this old body. Thanks for the concern though.

      My understanding of the process is that a pad is best for application
      and a brush for wiping away the access. The sheeps wool apparently
      contains a lanolin that rejects the dusting powder (thus facilitating
      transfer) and prevents accumulation. As far as I have found, no one
      manufacturers anything like this anymore. And, besides, I really like
      having the most appropriate tool; for as you know, "inferior tools
      corrode the spirit"!

      Gerald

      > Gerald,
      >
      > I have used soft medium length brushes to bronze with. Always works
      fine. Use a breathing mask.

      > Regis
      >
      > Gerald Lange <bieler@w...> wrote:
      > In the 1900 ATF specimen catalog sheeps wool pads were offered for
      > bronzing. Does anyone know of a current industry that might supply
      > brushes or pads made of sheeps wool? I've Goggled.

      Book cover design Design book Graphic design book Book printing Printing book