444Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: halftone screens

  • typetom@aol.com
    Mar 14, 2002
      In a message dated 3/13/2002 , bieler@... forwarded to PP List
      from Frances & Nicholas (oldstile@...):

      << output from computer a good quality laser-printed version from which I
      make my negative using a process camera...a problem here, though, because I
      am 'shooting through the back' of the film as appropriate for letterpress. >>

      The obvious answer here (at least what occured to me): have the computer flop
      the copy before you print it out, and then shoot the negative like an
      ordinary off-set negative. This simple operation is not available in all
      word-processing software, so you may need to search for it a bit. I think I
      finally realized it was available on my printer software. This is how I got
      Right-Reading Emulsion Up negs from a local copy camera shop for a couple of
      years until they went out of business. Now I'm emailing copy to a service
      bureau that makes negs from computer files.

      Best wishes, Tom

      Tom Parson
      Now It's Up To You Publications
      157 S. Logan, Denver CO 80209