438Re: Halftones

  • bielerpr
    Mar 11, 2002
      Dear Katie and Marnie

      This is in response to an old post and stochastic(sp?) filters. I've
      been screwing around in Photoshop for the last three days with an old
      mezzotint filter (there are ten variations that need to be worked out
      in sequence). I've been running these sequences (very subtlely) on a very
      large image over and over again. Something like my thirty sixth pass now and
      I am getting close to a screen that I believe will print well letterpress
      (with care) as a b/w. It seems to share the reticulation of the collotype.
      I'll go a bit further will this and take a print and let you know.