434Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Dampening Two Sides?

  • typetom@aol.com
    Mar 10, 2002
      I've learned the hard way a couple of times. Once I lost registration on a
      two color flag border, oh my, handmade paper broadside which shrank between
      runs because it took me all night to get the 2nd run to print correctly.
      Solved the disaster by getting a pink pastel crayon and boldly obliterating
      the details of the old red white & blue.

      Another time I was asked to do a printing demo on dampened paper. My friend
      papermaker Ray Tomasso gave me a stack of samples to work with. Oops, I
      dampened it all into the same plastic bag over night without thinking it
      actually was about 15 different kinds of paper. At demo time some sheets were
      still dry while others had absorbed all the water in the pile. Lesson
      learned: keep different papers in separately wrapped sections or else! Should
      have been obvious, but it's experience that counts.
      Best wishes, Tom

      Tom Parson
      Now It's Up To You Publications
      157 S. Logan, Denver CO 80209