4300Re: cleaning polymer plates

    Jun 9, 2005
      Rutherford

      Once upon a time practically every solvent manufacturer had something
      or other for photopolymer. Varn had Plate Wash D-6. Anchor had
      Fotopoly. Etc.

      There are a few plate washes listed in the Links section here in the
      folder Supplies and Materials. Including Anchor's Aled Plate Wash. I
      use it (it is formulated for rubber, plastic, nylon, dies, wood) but
      it has to be special ordered these days from an Anchor distributor
      (last time I ordered I had to buy a carton). It is fast drying, leaves
      no oily residue, does not effect the materials listed or adhesives
      like sticky back, and is rated as non-toxic.

      I called up my sales rep at Anderson & Vreeland a while back and asked
      him what he recommended. He said any high quality type and plate wash
      will do the trick, and did not have any specific recommendations.

      Gerald Lange
      http://BielerPress.blogspot.com

      > As a new subscriber, I checked the archives of this forum to find
      what others were using to
      > clean polymer plates after printing. I've found a number of
      > want to say This is the best way. Is there a best way to clean plates?
      >
      > Rutherford Witthus
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic