4287Re: troubleshooting

    Jun 4, 2005
      Hi Charles

      No vacuum gauge? How did you find that out?

      Geez, this was all sort of a big waste of time then wasn't it? If it
      does nothing else, a gauge will tell you when vacuum is iffy, and, if
      it reveals release during exposure, your plate/s just went south. Kind
      of an important feature.

      Gerald

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, LA. Book Arts <livres@a...> wrote:
      > All,
      >
      > the problem she has is with the machine, the machine doesn't seem to
      > have a gage for vacuum pressure, so basically she has no way of knowing
      > if she has enough or what.
      > The exposing of a plate with Film is a very critical stage of
      > platemaking, a good vacuum, a good piece of Film and it's smooth
      > sailing. I just made 65 9.5 x13 inch plates (WH 94) for a book project
      > the other day.
      > If you have no way of measuring your action it is very difficult to
      > repeat it over and over.
      >
      > charles
      >

      > www.custombindery.com
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic