4278Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: troubleshooting

  • Jessica Spring
    Jun 3, 2005
      Tom & Gerald--
      The plates are 94FL. I do have the steel bar at the bottom, so I can try
      taking that off, and for comparison I can try a steel-backed plate. The last
      bit of the mystery: my vacuum has a simple on-off switch and half the time
      the button won't stay on. I've replaced the button itself, but the problem
      remains, which Jet attributes to humidity. Hmmmm. I have to let it sort of
      warm up, then it stays on. As Charles suggested, I think the vacuum is a
      stinker (AKA "wildly out of whack") and this plate happens to reveal that in
      a way I hadn't seen consistently with type.

      Jessica