4273Re: troubleshooting

    Jun 2, 2005
      Jessica

      Does this model have the kreene attached to a steel rod that you roll
      down? I've found that vacuum is much more secure without the steel
      rod. I cut a sheet to fit the vacuum table and leave it at that. Seems
      to prevent any vacuum problems.

      But I really don't understand how the vacuum could pull down the
      kreene stronger in one area of the plate than another. Or how that
      would leave "plaid marks" on the plate itself. Especially, I guess, as
      there is a film negative between the kreene and the plate.

      Next question toward a solution I suspect is what type of film and
      plate are you using? Or, are you sure this isn't an exposure or
      washout problem? A low water level can cause the brushes to mark the
      surface of a plate.

      Gerald

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Jessica Spring <springtide@i...>
      wrote:
      > It's a Polimero Interflex A4.
      >
      > > From: "Gerald Lange" <bieler@w...>
      > > Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 03:54:43 -0000
      > > To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      > > Subject: [PPLetterpress] Re: troubleshooting
      > >
      > > Jessica
      > >
      > > I'm surprised to hear that there may be variance of vacuum in a
      > > platemaking machine. What is the manufacturer/model?
      > >
      > > Gerald
      > >

      > > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Jessica Spring <springtide@i...>
      > > wrote:
      > >> I'm working on plates with a solid pattern filled with thin rules.
      > > The first
      > >> attempt worked fairly well except the far edges--obviously a vacuum
      > > problem.
      > >> I changed the kreene and it worked so well there is now a subtle but
      > > visible
      > >> "plaid" where the vacuum lines produced more suction. Anyone have any
      > >> suggestions to get rid of the plaid?
      > >> Thanks,
      > >> Jessica

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic