403Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Printing troubles?

  • Katie Harper
    Mar 2, 2002
      Gerald: Thanks for your tips. I did in fact try moistening the paper and got
      a bit better blacks, but the results were not enough of an improvement to
      justify the hassle.

      This brings up a point: some say that humidity in the shop (or lack thereof)
      is important; others say it makes no difference. Does anyone out there have
      an opinion on that? On the day I was printing the above job, there was low
      humidity (22%). The temp I can keep about 68-70°, but have not yet found a
      way to control humidity, other than buying one of those small room
      humidifiers. Is it worth it?

      Katie Harper
      Ars Brevis Press
      Cincinnati, OH