40Re: [PPLetterpress] contact frames

  • Katie Harper
    Aug 24, 2001
      It would appear that there are as many success stories as failure stories
      with "non-standard" exposure methods of photopolymer plates. Is this true
      for washout methods as well? As an educator, I'm often trying to help
      students use plates in less than ideal circumstances (part of the learning
      process is to do it themselves), using a combination of vacuum exposure
      units for general printmaking and hand washout (with Harold's special brush,
      no less!). That combination of non-standard procedures seems to be the kiss
      of death to fine detail or type under 18 points.

      Any hints on increasing success with hand washout?

      Katie Harper
      Cincinnati, OH

      Remember: Book arts will save the world!