3861Re: [PPLetterpress] Ink on plates,

  • Harold Kyle
    Mar 1, 2005
      On 3/1/05 9:15 AM, "Gary Mordhorst" <gary@...> wrote:
      > Hold on yourself pilgrim, just trying to keep it simple for new folks.
      > Of course there are no hard and fast rules, including building up rails
      > instead of trucks.

      Sorry if I didn't keep it simple. I should have said simply start by adding
      tape to the rails. Don't monkey with the trucks unless you're having
      problems with slurring.

      > There is no way that your trucks wore down
      > in size. The trucks are rolling and not grinding, and surely you have
      > not found little piles of metal shavings around the press.

      On a Windmill, the trucks are plastic. We have a newer Windmill that was
      never used for printing and its trucks, never used, measure 2.000" versus
      this press's 1.990". The electrical tape, it seems, got a little squishy
      overnight so we're just planning to replace the trucks entirely.

      Your point, that trucks don't typically wear down, is further reason to
      adjust the rails, which do.

      > Everyone does what works for them.

      Agreed. Sorry if I sounded missionary in my post. I was just trying to save
      others from the headache that I've had over the last few weeks dealing with
      trucks of the wrong diameter. By all means, do whatever works.

      Boxcar Press