3859Re: [PPLetterpress] Ink on plates,

  • Gary Mordhorst
    Mar 1, 2005
      Hi Harold,

      Hold on yourself pilgrim, just trying to keep it simple for new folks.
      Of course there are no hard and fast rules, including building up rails
      instead of trucks.

      Roller trucks are manufactured smaller than roller sizes. On a 10 X 15
      C+P, considerably smaller. There is no way that your trucks wore down
      in size. The trucks are rolling and not grinding, and surely you have
      not found little piles of metal shavings around the press.

      Everyone does what works for them. It the only way to set rollers was
      to match up the roller and truck size, what was the purpose in making
      roller height gauges?

      Gary

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic