      From: Ludwig M. Solzen [mailto:ppletterpress@...]
      Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 6:53 AM
      To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [PPLetterpress] Circular quads

      > “digitally-inclined” indeed.

      Nothing new, but perhaps some here are still not familiar with TeX and its
      huge possibilities. Did you want to set some type in a circular pattern, you
      say? For a sample (digital of course!) just click
      http://www.tug.org/texshowcase/ShowcaseCircular.pdf (attention: it’s pdf!).

      I agree that the default faces (Computer Modern and some typewriter
      companion) are not the most splendid things in fontworld, and not in the
      least fitted for use in fine digital letterpress printing; also the white
      space after the full-stop is a typo-historical and aesthetical mistake,
      which TeX’s developer, Dr Knuth, took over from the unthoughtful 1970s
      typographic standards in the US—but look at the beautifully spaced letters,
      the over-all evenness of colour...
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic