3760Re: [PPLetterpress] Circular quads

  • innererklang@aol.com
    Feb 10, 2005
      Barb--
      I do not know of any published articles on circular quads but I do know an
      expert on the matter--he is a bit of old school, doesn't own a computer, isn't
      psrt of this group, but I believe he would be willing to help you if you called
      or wrote him. His name is Richard Brilliante of Ding Batty Letter Press, 186
      Silver Spring St., Providence, RI 02904, 401.861.9887.
      He gave me my set of circular quads as a parting gift when I moved from
      Boston last year. I have only tried using them once. It really is a matter of
      patiently filling spaces with what ever fits, and once it is locked up you pray
      that you have the letter spacing right. Richard was a bit critical of my first
      effort, but, as I said , he is old school, very exacting and VERY critical of
      anything but kiss impression. He worked as a commercial printer for most of his
      life and tells me any job with the impression of the moment would have been
      sent back to do over.

      Mark Olson
      Innerer Klang Letterpress
      Asheville, NC