3514Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Claude Garamond Promotes His Old Style Typefaces

    Jan 2, 2005
      Paul

      Without consulting any sources, wasn't the appellation Paul Beaujon used
      before Ms Warde was employed by Monotype? Maybe I'm confused about that.
      I do have some fugitive materials that were published mid-century. There
      was somewhat of a "turn," as I recall, where certain information was
      "presented." A micro-photograph of the Poliphilus comes to mind, that
      upon close examination would lead one to suspect earlier information
      regarding its production. Hard to say definitively. Don't know about the
      later information regarding the Jannon.

      Yeah, Storm is quite a typophile's delight. I am so pleased to see the
      Czech work being revived. When I happened upon Preissig's work way back
      when I was still quite wet behind the ears, I first understood the power
      of typographic letterforms. The prices at Storm are actually quite good
      relative to what many European foundries have charged for fonts. We have
      quite denigrated the value of digital fonts in the US right from the get
      go, consequently sometimes the Euro pricing comes as a shock.

      Hope you are doing well

      Gerald