2840Re: [PPLetterpress] ink

    Aug 18 9:25 PM
      Hi Timothy

      Of course.
      I'm just pondering whether history is what's produced with the thought of history...
      Certainly, if the Egyptians hadn't developed pretty amazing archival techniques, we wouldn't have all their artifacts to consider. Yet what has it helped us, as a species, or our planet, to have all this 'history'?

      And then, some of the finest images ever produced by humans are on the walls and ceilings of caves 15-30000 years old. http://www.hominids.com/donsmaps/images3/chauvetcavebear.jpg (http://www.hominids.com/donsmaps/chauvetcave.html)
      The simplest pigments and vehicles are the best. Carbons, irons and oils. What a great bear...gorgeous.

      I suppose all this pondering is due to my finally tossing out 20 years worth of old files, papers and computers over the past couple of weeks...

      I won't be dumping any fine books, or papers, no fear ;-)

      Peter

      http://www.semiotx.com Web Strategy Consulting