2800Re: [PPLetterpress] Press substitution

  • John Sullivan
    Aug 7, 2004
      Check out Dan Welden and Pauline Muir's book Printmaking in the Sun
      It is a good resource for alternative polymer platemaking ideas and
      uses (BoxCar has the material for great prices). For doing large size
      short run broadsides you can image your copy then surface ink the
      raised type with rubber base litho inks. These inks are water
      rejecting, then you can do a couple swipes with water base block
      printing inks, the type will reject with the intaglio or low relief
      taking them. So you get a series of mono prints with uniform type info.
      Very playful!! (Print and Play both start the same) A shallow plate
      works best, I like the KM-73. (its also very tough)

      John S