2793Re: [PPLetterpress] Press substitution

  • Roderick
    Aug 6, 2004
      An etching press can be substituted for a Vanderbook. Bear in mind
      the following:

      > you have to re-ink everytime, rolling up with a brayer,
      > you have to register your paper exactly every time on the template
      > it takes much longer to roll the press

      In truth, it'll take you at least one hundred times as long with far
      less accurate results but it can be done!

      Smaller presses can definitely be had. Or, if you're in Bay Area,
      join the Graphic Artists Guild (gag.org). They have an SB-20 and
      many, many presses. Happy printing!

      --- filmaker0012001 <fsmith01@...> wrote:

      > I recently read DIGITAL TYPE ON THE FLAT BED PRESS and was
      > wondering
      > if an etching press and hand inking could be substitued for the
      > Vandercooks mentioned in the book. I have no idea if I could afford
      > to purchase or keep such a large and expensive looking machine.
      > Any reply would be apreciated.

      Do you Yahoo!?