2790Re: Press substitution

    Aug 5, 2004
      Hello

      Not really having all that much experience with printmaking, I can't
      really answer that, though I guess the book you are talking about is
      mine. There are a number of resources here regarding printmaking with
      photopolymer, most of them in the form of links to sites. There is
      also a book _Printmaking in the Sun_ which will most likely provide
      you with the answers. There is reference to this in the Database
      tables. You can easily find it on Amazon.com and probably used copies
      on abe.com.

      Basically, I'm assuming yes. But etching presses aren't necessarily
      all that large and they do come up on the used market fairly often and
      really don't command their true value.

      Best of luck

      Gerald

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "filmaker0012001"
      <fsmith01@r...> wrote:
      > I recently read DIGITAL TYPE ON THE FLAT BED PRESS and was wondering
      > if an etching press and hand inking could be substitued for the
      > Vandercooks mentioned in the book. I have no idea if I could afford
      > to purchase or keep such a large and expensive looking machine.
      >
      > Any reply would be apreciated.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic