      From: <Sgheaver@...>
      To: <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 6:10 AM
      Subject: Re: [PPLetterpress] ink for solids on dampened handmade paper

      Dear Eric,

      I recommend you try the Hostmann-Steinberg Letterpress Matte Black
      which
      the US branch developed for me for use on hand press &c. and I eventually
      turned over to N.A.Graphics for sale. My next choice would be Charbonnel
      without dryer but that it a lot of work on the plate and does not hold as
      good a
      line or stay open as long as the H-S. Are you a members of Fine Press Book
      Association? I've written too articles on the subject of ink
      characteristics
      which you may find helpful.

      Sincerely yours,
      Stephen Heaver