2728New course offering at Archetype Press

    Jun 30, 2004
      FYI

      This fall, through Art Center at Night, I will be offering a course
      titled Digital Letterpress. This will be held at Archetype Press from
      its new location at Art Center's new South Campus at 950 S. Raymond
      Avenue in Pasadena. This will be a fourteen week class held on
      Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm.

      Digital Letterpress examines letterpress printing and typographc
      practices with the photopolymer plate process. I previously taught
      this course at Otis College of Art and Design,

      I will also be offering my ongoing course Finer Points in Letterpress
      Typography on Tuesday nights from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm.

      Archetype Press houses Los Angeles typographer Vernon Simpson's
      considerable collection of metal type. Eight Vandercooks are available
      for student use.

      Enrollment is limited to ten students per class.
      Phone: 626-396-2319
      www.artcenter.edu/atnight

      Gerald Lange
      The Bieler Press