2488Re: Question on photopolymer printing.

  • kx2us
    Feb 22, 2004
      Thanks John for your input. Indeed, I am trying to lay down a very
      even, non-blotchy film of thin ink on a plastic substrate to use as a
      filter. Another question. How bad is the density variation at the
      edges, or it's really depended on the thinness of the ink?

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "John G. Henry" <JohnH@i...>
      wrote:
      > I think you are just trying to lay down a very even, non-blotchy
      film
      > of ink on a plastic substrate to use as a filter for photography.
      You
      > may be able to do this with letterpress, but there is always
      > variation in image density (particularly when printing on a plastic
      > substrate) at the edges of the impression. This is one of the prime
      > indicators that a ink film has been printed by letterpress or other
      > relief process.
      >
      > Have you tried mixing dyes with clear varnish and coating them on
      the
      > plastic or glass surface? You may be ablke to do it with gelatin
      and
      > food coloring for short-term uses.
      >
      > John G. Henry
      > Cedar Creek Press (and photo fiend)