2379Re: film output costs

    Jan 10, 2004

      I use
      for film negatives. They are in Glendale (Los Angeles).

      I think I pay $16 or $18. Advantage for my clients is that EDI takes
      the files via email, accepts credit card payments, and delivers free
      to me. Usually the owners drive over and deliver them. They are a bit
      intrigued by (and respectful of) letterpress activities.

      > Greeting Polymer Plate People,
      > I have been starting to experiment with making my own plates. Recently
      > I had a negative made and the price seems out of whack. For an 8.5 x
      > 11 size negative what would the customary price be approximately? When
      > I have had plates processed by Boxcar the charge for the negatives were
      > in 10-20 dollar range. I am embarrassed to say what I just payed.
      > I live in the Bay Area and everything is more expensive here it seems.
      > Any suggestions on where to output my files?
      > Ah the weird and wonderful world of letterpress...
      > Ray King
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic