      From: "Norman L McKnight" <philoxenia@...>
      To: <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 9:24 PM
      Subject: [PPLetterpress] pen ruling machines

      Michael:

      These are fascinating machines; I used to watch them in
      action in Portland Oregon in Old Town when a ruling company
      was still in operation. They had big windows onto the street
      and they were as beautifull as you observed them to be. They
      were all gone the next year I passed through. There was, in
      the late 1980's, a video offered on the technology and use of
      these machines. I'm sorry I didn't get one. This is an inter-
      esting area of technology and not at all well known.

      Norman L. McKnight
      Philoxenia Press
      Berkeley

      PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com