2282Re: [PPLetterpress] pen ruling machines

  • L.A. Book Arts, Inc
    Dec 6, 2003
      This video is on Pen ruling machines , not wood engraving
      machines.-I've it somewhere.
      Yes, if you can output high enough you can emulate a woodengraving to a
      certain degree in polymer plate.
      But the making of the plate needs absolute tight control and
      calibrated equipment.
      But than a Lute making Friend of mine used to be a wood engraver of the
      OUP in the 40 and 50's.
      His stuff -first yoou think there Lithos (stone), the lines are so
      fine, the colors so transparent, I've seen his blocks,
      and haven't seen anything cut that fine since.
      He passed more than a Decade ago - I'm a woodengraver on a much smaller
      scale and inherited some of his tools.

      charles

      On Dec 6, 2003, at 9:05 AM, typetom@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 12/5/2003 philoxenia@... writes:
      > << There was, in the late 1980's, a video offered on the technology
      > and use
      > of these machines. >>
      > Hi Norman,
      > I wonder if you have any further info about this video?  One of the
      > wood
      > engraving ruling machines turned up in Denver last year, kept over the
      > years by a
      > former employee of the Sanders company.  It's now owned by a friend
      > who is a
      > papermaker/printer/artist here, and it has been shown in connection
      > with a
      > couple of demo workshops on wood engraving by the Book Arts League of
      > Colorado.  A
      > video could be very useful.
      > Thanks & best wishes, Tom
      >
      > Tom Parson