1897Re: [PPLetterpress] Tapping steel-backs

  • E Roustom
    Sep 2, 2003
      A word of caution on tapping: sometimes (especially when you're out of
      time), you tap the plate, and the piece of steel furniture you're tapping
      with jumps over the edge and goes *crunch* into the line of type (suddenly
      the letter "y" looks like the letter "v")!
      As for scratching the bunting: I know I should treat my expensive tools
      better, but these things take a lot of abuse a keep working. I have one base
      with two holes in it, that match up perfectly in size and spacing to the
      posts on a double grip guage pin (how did that happen - interns are fun,
      no?). I filled the holes with epoxy as smooth and flat as possible, and
      never worried about it since (on rare occasions I have to makeready that
      spot with tissue).

      Elias