1756Re: offset printing a letterpress design

  • Casey McGarr
    Jul 17, 2003
      I did a poster at Hatch Show Print and some tin designs and the one thing we
      did for the poster was printing each color separate and scan those gray
      scale in to the computer. Then in Photoshop save each file as tiff, then
      bring the files into Quark Express and coloring the images there. The
      transparent inks used in offset gave the same overprint impression as
      letterpress printing plus you have more control. The only thing it didn't
      have was the tactile feel but it was a great look.

      My 2 cents,

      ::
      Casey McGarr
      McGarr Creative