1717Re: advice on plate making?

    Jul 2 1:19 AM
      Chuck

      I guess I should piggy-back on this, since I seem to be implicated. I
      believe there was some discussion here a while back about multiple
      laser positives. But I suspect there would certainly be alignment
      problems. I may be misunderstanding your question.

      Brian Allen has a pretty good article on alternative processing in the
      Files section. There is also this in the Links section that may be of
      some use to your specific inquiry:

      http://www.arts.ucsb.edu/staff/sherman/printlab/pages/main.html

      There is one question I can definitely answer, I think. Yes, you do
      need UV light to process photopolymer.

      Keep at us.

      Gerald

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Katie Harper <knharper@f...> wrote:
      > Chuck:
      >
      > You will find a lot of information about this on the PPLetterpress home
      > page, I believe in the Files section (Gerald Lange can tell you
      > specifically, as he is the site moderator.) To make a very long
      story very
      > short, it can be done, but you must keep in mind that photopolymer
      is a LOT
      > more unforgiving than screen print emulsion.
      >
      > You'll also find a lot of information in a book called "Printing in
      the Sun"
      > about using photopolymer plates for printmaking.
      >
      > Good luck.
      >
      > Katie Harper
      >
      > on 7/1/03 3:09 PM, chuck sumner at spam@2... wrote:
      >

      > > so what im wondering is this: can i use the same multiple laser
      printed
      > > positive strategy to make polymer plates? i wonder if anyone has
      had any
      > > experience making plates like this, or if it would even be
      possible. do
      > > you have to use uv light to expose the plates?
      > >
      > > i was going to just call na graphics, but this way others can possibly
      > > benefit also.
      > >
      > > thanks
      > > chuck
      > >

      > Katie Harper