1461Re: [PPLetterpress] Real press has been converted

  • Charles Jones
    May 2, 2003
      On 5/1/03 4:38 PM, "The Indian Hill Press" <mail@...> wrote:

      > By all means grab the Heidelberg cylinder. We use ours almost daily,
      > and with ever more admiration for the fantastic engineering.
      >
      > One warning, however. These machines are built like the Pyramids. Our
      > KSBA weighs in at about 6,600 pounds - and ours is the baby of the
      > family. It takes a real pro to move a Heidelberg - forget the
      > crowbars and pipe rollers!
      >
      > Dan Waters
      > Indian Hill Press

      This press has been converted for die-cutting and embossing. It was built
      in 1950 and came from Buckingham Palace according to the auction house's
      information. Is it costly and or difficult to convert it back to
      letterpress?
      I appreciate anything you folks can tell me. Cheers, Charlie
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic