1446Re: Real press?

  • funquie
    May 1 11:40 AM
      Charles Jones wrote:

      > Would those on the list recommend a Heidelberg cylinder press?
      > I have the chance to get one.

      According to an associate of mine who used to work for the US Dept of
      Treasury, Heidelberg Cylinders are about as close as you can get to
      the presses they use to print US currency, in quality of image,
      reliability, and durability. I've already decided that after I get a
      Windmill, my first flatbed cylinder with be, without a doubt, a
      Heidelberg. But that's WAY down the line. First, I need a Kingsley
      foiler, a bigger C&P Old Series, a C&P Craftsman, and I have to build
      a wood-frame/metal screw Franklin/Common press...

      Yes, I'm relatively young (37) very ambition, and still have stars in
      my eyes. My attitude is explained by the name my girlfriend came up
      with for my shop... :)

      --Richard Creighton
      "Dreamer Press"
      Martinsburg WV