1443Re: [PPLetterpress] Real Printing

  • Charles Jones
    May 1, 2003
      I understand that the Medici Family of Florence would not support the
      establishment of a press in the late 1500's because it would was felt that
      books printed from type, that new fangled'stuff would somehow lessen the
      value of their collection of hand illuminated and lettered books. We need,
      as so many have eloqeuntly said, realize that tools are tools and not the
      result. I belonged to a letterpress guild for a year or two during which
      time I received a bundle of work printed from type each month. There was
      some good but most was poorly designed and often times badly printed.
      Cheers, Charlie
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic