13701Re: [PPLetterpress] Buying a Platemaker, advice needed.

  • parallel_imp
    Jan 26, 2014
      Let me step back, and add that my experience is all with steel-back plates. I keep forgetting about liquid and film-back photopolymer, which have different exposure requirements. All liquid photopolymer, and some film-back, uses an additional exposure through the back, rather than relying completely on a diffused exposure from the front.

      The main difference in development is that the liquids may use a detergent bath.

      --Eric Holub, SF

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic