13666Re: [PPLetterpress] RE: Hello, Plate maker etc!

  • Silber MaiKätzchen
    Jan 16, 2014
      I like to use Agfa's Myraid II film in matte, available in the US from Xante I use a
      Xante Platemaker 5 to print them, and the quality is fantastic. I use 2400 DPI resolution
      for halftones and 1200 DPI for line and type.

      Cost per 8.5"X11" matte neg/pos film $ 0.46,
      Cost per 11"x17" matte neg/pos film $ 0.91
      Cost per 11"x18.5" plate (A. B. Dick 360W) $ 1.36
      Cost per 13.875"x19.375" plate (A. B. Dick 9800 series) $ 1.77

      See: http://www.xante.com/

      Note 1: Myraid film will not play nice with the Xante Platemaker 6
      Note 2: The Xante Platemeker 6 is a &#% %*@# piece of merda vaffunculu. (Hearsay testimony
      from user.)

      Combined with the Epson 10000xl scanner, Quark Xpress and Photoshop you can
      image anything.

      MaiKätzchen

      Dum loquimur, fugerit invida Aetas:
      Carpe diem!