13647Re: Recent Adobe issue and PPL

  • Kim Vanderheiden
    Dec 10, 2013
      I wonder how much it would cost to pay a recent MIT grad to do it - could it be raised with a kickstarter campaign?

      Could people who don't use trapping use the software without that feature?

      Kim Vanderheiden

      Mon Dec 9, 2013 9:34 am (PST) . Posted by:

      "Harold Kyle" boxcarpress

      Identification of separations (whether spot or process) is simple.

      Determining how to spread or choke two separations that touch each other is
      difficult. Determining how to spread or choke two *or more* separations
      that touch each other *with halftones *is *extremely *difficult. The number
      crunching behind this has traditionally been done (and presumably patented)
      by prepress software vendors. None has open sourced their work to my

      The developers of Ghostscript have identified "In-RIP
      as an area in need of developers. They don't expect anyone to step up to
      the plate at this point. But, if you're a math genius with time on your
      hands by all means *have at it!*

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic