13644Re: [PPLetterpress] Recent Adobe issue and PPL

  • Harold Kyle
    Dec 9, 2013
      Identification of separations (whether spot or process) is simple.

      Determining how to spread or choke two separations that touch each other is difficult. Determining how to spread or choke two or more separations that touch each other with halftones is extremely difficult. The number crunching behind this has traditionally been done (and presumably patented) by prepress software vendors. None has open sourced their work to my knowledge.

      The developers of Ghostscript have identified "In-RIP trapping" as an area in need of developers. They don't expect anyone to step up to the plate at this point. But, if you're a math genius with time on your hands by all means have at it!

      Thanks
      Harold

      On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 12:03 PM, Michael Metz <mtmetz@...> wrote:

      Harold, Gerald, Michael et. al,

      Does one need to identify spot colors to create binary plates?

      Mike