13587Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Kelsey 3x5 Mercury Letterpress - Model N - kit for sale

  • Kathleen Whalen
    Oct 31, 2013
      Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Kelsey 3x5 Mercury Letterpress - Model N - kit for sale
      By the term “from a practical point of view”, I should think “about zero” is what these little machines are worth – they aren’t good for practical work in printing, but I reckon they sure do put a lot of people off printing when they see what a lousy job they are capable of doing. In the hands of an experienced printer I daresay that you could get a half decent business card with one impression, but more than that – no, they are toys, and I’d never recommend buying one, and have told students to turn them down if offered one for free.

      Graham Moss
      Incline Press
      36 Bow Street
      Oldham OL1 1SJ  England

      http://www.inclinepress.com
      news blog: http://www.inclinepress.wordpress.com

      From a practical point of view, a 3x5 Kelsey is worth about zero. I sold a good one about fifteen years ago for $100.00 with no accessories.

      --
      George Chapman
      Formerly in the heart of the beautiful San Juan Mountains of Colorado at 9,318 feet.

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic