      From: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of bielerpr
      Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 1:12 AM
      To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [PPLetterpress] PP and the EPA

      Just a note to photopolymer plate processors and especially to DIYers. You might need and air mask. The EPA does not find the PP process to be all that friendly to air quality. They have torn my shop apart this week; removing all chemicals, solvents, etc, to an offsite warehouse, pulled cabinets and shelving from the walls, etc., in preparation for an air quality test they will be conducting on every unit in the entire complex. They have forbidden me to process plates on the day of testing as it might interfere with their testing device.

      Okay, I saw the meter kick up when they passed it over the bath. Nothing else in the shop did that, nothing; and, before they removed it all, I had some nasty stuff in there. And their meter had no problem with that stuff.

      Not a happy camper.