      From: Harold Kyle <harold@...>;
      To: ppletterpress <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com>;
      Subject: Re: [PPLetterpress] Fat lines
      Sent: Tue, Jul 9, 2013 6:35:41 PM

      Well, if you think the brushes are to blame, can you lower them on this machine so that they're not putting so much pressure on the plate? The bristles should be as low as possible without leaving residue on the plate backing. Any signs of wear or do they still look new?

      Since density issues can affect anyone processing film, I'd still check that. I'd bet your service provider could check the density, and the dmax should be over 4.0.

      Thanks
      Harold

      On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Ian Bristow <ductormanpaperboy@...> wrote:

      Hey Harold

      The lines are getting fatter, I find that it is almost like there is a stroke around some letters and some lines. It is hard
      to capture a good image of the plates with the camera. But I am 99% certain it is the brushes causing the problem
      by not washing away the excess material. I will be getting some new brushes soon but just wanted to eliminate
      any other possible problems. I have never had any issues with the KF95 plates, the only thing I have changed
      over the last year is the back exposure for 25 seconds. Since I put in the new bulbs in if I back expose the plates they
      will not wash out properly so I avoid that step now. I have been using a good service provider for the film and the
      density is not an issue. I'll try and get some pics to send along.

      Oh and glad to hear that the chaps across the pond are embracing modern technology:) I'm sure they do not make
      the bulbs over there either as I think that the company that makes these machines has been out of business for the
      last gazillion years.

      Cheers
      Ian

      --