13528Re: [PPLetterpress] Fat lines

  • Harold Kyle
    Jul 9, 2013
      Do you have photos of this phenomenon? I'm not sure I understand--are your a) lines getting fatter or b) fatter lines not washing out completely? I'm trying to understand whether the surface of the plate is thicker or if photopolymer (that hasn't been scrubbed away) is building up on the shoulder.

      But anyway: What are you using for films? Do you have a way to check that the density of the film hasn't changed over time?

      Thanks
      Harold

      On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Ian <ductormanpaperboy@...> wrote:

      Hello everyone

      I have been using the same plate maker for a while now and think it is time for new brushes. I am starting to get fatter lines and reverses are not washing out. I am concerned that there may also be an exposure issue.

      I know that the brushes are finished but I am wondering if this would also cause the fatter lines? I did try reducing exposure times but am finding no difference.

      The raw photopolymer is from Boxcar and are KF95 plates exposed at 3 minutes with a washout between 4-5 minutes.
      I replaced the bulbs about 4 months ago. I was unable to get the same bulbs as the machine is from Europe

      (Polimero A-5) so I put in black lights with the same wattage. These have been working fine but I am wondering if it is possible they may be also starting to cause problems.

      Sorry for the short book
      Thanks:)
      Ian

      --